Blogs that discuss topics around travel and tourist attractions as well as a variety of travel tips and tricks

Thursday

British Airways flying booked past times a tour companionship (long version)

Welcome to HaloTrip.blogspot.com | (see the curt version)

In illustration this is of role to other travellers...

I booked an organised vacation through a tour fellowship (Exodus). I had the choice of booking my ain BA flying to Naples , or letting Exodus include them inward my vacation booking. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 quick depository fiscal establishment check showed me that the prices would last pretty much the same. Considerations of potential liability/insurance claims led me to mass the vacation inclusive of flights.

There followed extended exchanges of emails amongst both my tour fellowship too BA equally I attempted to confirm check-in arrangements too whether I could earn BA miles too tier points on the flying amongst my BA Executive Club membership. Exodus notified BA of my membership , too the flights appeared inward my BA mobile app nether 'my bookings'. Not , withal , on their website when I logged in.

A helpful client service assistant at BA checked my flights too tier points (20 , the criterion Euro Traveller amount) , too a yoke of days afterwards the flights appeared on the BA website nether 'My Bookings'. However , clicking on 'Manage my booking' led me to an mistake message.

Exodus assured me "You are able to depository fiscal establishment check inward on draw 24 hours earlier departure" too erroneously stated that "You are unable to upgrade on this flying equally they are pocket-sized planes amongst no draw organization or kickoff bird seats available" (I've flown this road too at that spot is the commons BA short-haul Club Europe cabin). Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 calendar week earlier move , BA's flying search was offering 2 Club Europe seats on the flying at high prices... thence in all probability unlikely whatsoever affordable upgrade volition last on offering later. Regarding online check-in , BA wrote to me "As yous accept made a grouping booking , yous volition last unable to access your booking through 'Manage My Booking' too depository fiscal establishment check inward online for the flight".

Exodus propose that specific seats may last requested through i of their agents - I may seek this too study back.

Unless events examine otherwise , I am stuck amongst queueing to depository fiscal establishment check inward at the airdrome - amongst the August crowds - too getting a express pick of seating. I was interested inward upgrading the flights to earn to a greater extent than tier points , simply this possibility is non opened upwardly to me until the airdrome - minus whatsoever particular offers that would accept been accessible through 'Manage my booking'. An e-mail from BA states ambiguously that "If yous pay for your upgrade , yous may too then earn Tier Points for your upgraded cabin."


So booking through a tour fellowship has given much less command over my flights , without the possibility to role online or mobile check-in , earn to a greater extent than tier points , or select a spot prior to airdrome check-in.

As a depository fiscal establishment notation to anyone amongst the same initial dilemma: Yes , allowing your tour fellowship to mass your flights may good supply increased safety if yous accept to cancel or if things teach wrong. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 grouping booking may last cheaper inward roughly cases , too may last dainty if yous are travelling amongst a grouping yous already know (perhaps groups are seated together?). But yous may last sent dorsum to the nighttime ages of air move , without the convenience of queue-skipping online services. Frequent flyers volition notice this frustrating. And the upgrade/tier points restrictions may too last worth considering.

In curt , if yous desire to proceed command of your move , mean value difficult nigh how yous book. I could accept paid a similar cost , travelled on the same flying , met the grouping equally arranged inward the finish airdrome , simply benefited significantly if I had booked my ain flights. It too , equally it turns out , would accept saved me the fourth dimension spent trying to hunt downwards right data nigh British Airways too grouping bookings. The conflicting messages too lack of online data has led me to write this article.

Perhaps at that spot volition last no airdrome queues (not fifty-fifty at Naples) , a expert pick of seats too no problems... I'll study back.
Share: