Blogs that discuss topics around travel and tourist attractions as well as a variety of travel tips and tricks

Friday

The magical Aeolian islands

Welcome to HaloTrip.blogspot.com | I've but got dorsum from a trip (my second) to the Aeolian islands. I'll endure writing lots to a greater extent than most the islands shortly , but inward the meantime I but convey to write i time to a greater extent than most how marvellous the islands are equally a vacation destination. Both times I've visited , I've been thence reluctant to instruct out that I've postponed my flying domicile inward social club to savour some other dyad of days surrounded past times body of body of water too sun.

My favourite beach of the vacation , Lipari

The islands are volcanoes too inward places potentially dangerous; for many travellers this but adds to their drama. You tin sentry eruptions on Stromboli from the rim of the volcano's crater - or from a to a greater extent than comfortable pizzeria farther downwards the gradient (my choice). You tin walk around the rim of the crater of Vulcano , unopen to steaming fumaroles. Hot gas bubbles upwardly through the body of body of water , too the beaches are littered amongst chunks of volcanic rocks similar obsidian too pumice.

Highlights of the islands include trekking along mule paths amongst amazing views , eating leisurely pasta lunches past times the bluest body of body of water , taking jolly boat excursions around the shorelines , spotting dolphins , enjoying ice-cold fresh-fruit granitas past times pretty harbours , too relaxing into an isle solid reason of mind: mornings exploring , afternoons on the beach , evenings sipping local vino too watching the passeggiata.

Lipari

The islands offering all the best of Italy , pumped upwardly to an intense level: sunshine , proficient nutrient , archeology , glorious views , vino , warm too friendly people , brilliant colours bursting amongst flowers , sparkling body of body of water too lots of fun.

This fourth dimension I spent ii weeks inward the islands , which nonetheless didn't appear long enough. But it's a proficient amount of fourth dimension to instruct to know most of the 7 islands. My itinerary worked good , amongst a mixture of smart hotels amongst pools , island-hopping , too settling-in.

I took an afternoon flying to Catania Airport , which meant spending a nighttime inward Catania. If you lot wing before inward the twenty-four lx minutes menstruum , you lot tin instruct to the islands the same evening. I spent ii nights on Panarea , i nighttime on Stromboli , ii on Salina , too thence stayed inward a vacation apartment inward Lipari for the terminal calendar week , making twenty-four lx minutes menstruum trips to Filicudi too Vulcano.

The petty angling small town of Pecorini a Mare on the isle of Filicudi

The islands are busiest inward July too August , visited past times thousands of holidaying Italians. Outside this fourth dimension they're much quieter , fifty-fifty inward the balmy warmth of June , thence it's a proficient thought to move inward May , June or September.

I've travelled all around Italy too there's pretty much nowhere I haven't loved. But when I'm on these islands I actually , rattling , but can't imagine wanting to endure anywhere else.

> More most the Aeolian islands (written later on my terminal trip)

Slow boat to Stromboli


Share: