Blogs that discuss topics around travel and tourist attractions as well as a variety of travel tips and tricks

Sunday

Belated Top 10 of 2015

Hello friends |


My get-go few days of 2015 bring been a mix of getting upward early on to instruct to piece of employment , coughing in addition to spluttering my agency through the 24-hour interval (I got a nasty influenza exactly after Christmas) in addition to coming domicile to sentinel back-to-back episodes of Gotham alongside Nick in addition to The Cat.  There hasn't been a whole lot of fourth dimension for reflection on the yesteryear year.  Even New Years Eve I was voiceless in addition to sick (and it was xl degrees) in addition to thus nosotros amped upward the aircon in addition to watched the Melbourne fireworks from the window of our apartment.  Anyway , now's the fourth dimension to bring a await dorsum on the yesteryear twelvemonth in addition to around of my #1 favourite things.

1. Place
The Lofoten Islands
I've raved close the Lofotens a lot this year.  They weren't on our to-visit listing , but nosotros went in that location because they weren't probable to go every bit snowy every bit the residue of Norway.  The frost had by in addition to large melted , in addition to it was easily i of the most beautiful places I've always seen.  I speak close it to a greater extent than here.


2. Clothing Item

Skeleton Dress
It's a existent will to an item of habiliment if yous tin have on it on every non-hiking , non-freezing 24-hour interval for nine months in addition to non desire to sack it afterwards.  That's me alongside this dress.  It's pretty faded similar a shot , in addition to pretty worn (and no longer glows inwards the black which is the ultimate sadness) in addition to thus I powerfulness bring to alternative upward another.  Get it from Modcloth.


3. Makeup Item

Jackie Oates
Whether I'm travelling everyday or standing nether hot lights at Lush , heavy foundations bring non been my jam this year.  Jackie Oates - i of Lush's pare tints - is super buildable in addition to doesn't experience similar you're wearing makeup.  Get it from Lush.

4. Technology

Pico Pro
This is a recent add-on to our home.  We'd been looking for a small-scale projector for a long fourth dimension , reading reviews , looking for something that could accompany us overnight camping ground (for moonlit projections on the side of the tent , perhaps?) in addition to brand a skilful day-to-day covert , seeing every bit nosotros ditched our TV.  So far , it's pretty impressive.  Automatically focuses , decent brightness , skilful Definition , close the size of a large Smart Phone.  Get it from Urban Outfitters.

5. Perfume

Furze
Lush really discontinued this perfume belatedly 2014 (but it tin all the same go bought at the Oxford St store inwards the shape of a trunk spray , I think).  I picked i upward on a whim but wasn't totally sold on the sugar-sweet vanilla in addition to kokosnoot scent.  I changed my melody when nosotros were strolling through the Northern Highlands of Scotland in addition to the gorse was all inwards blossom in addition to I kept thinking , "where practice I know this smell?"  It was Furze (which is around other quest gorse) in addition to I was inwards love.

6. Food

Smith in addition to Deli
Okay , this has been the bane of my wallet since I got dorsum to Melbourne.  This identify is ridiculous.  If yous alive inwards Melbourne or yous notice yourself visiting , yous ask to go.  Sandwiches served after 11.30am in addition to unlike sweets every day.  Follow them on Instagram.

7. City

Edinburgh
I don't know if Edinburgh was only the correct identify at the correct fourth dimension (anything would've been a welcome relief after the bustling , overwhelming peril that was London) , or whether our 7am , sunrise arrival - pulling our suitcases upward the colina in addition to watching the orangish lite striking the urban centre - inspired us to desire to stay.  We brutal asleep inwards The Meadows inwards the afternoon in addition to were already proverb that nosotros could alive there.  The fact they bring a Lush Spa helps , too.

8. Skincare

Magical Moringa Moisturiser
This is the tertiary in addition to terminal nurture of Lush inwards this trivial favourites post.  I write it alongside a heavy pump because I'm currently out of stock (luckily , a friend of mine is inwards Hong Kong where they stock the Oxford St line... give cheers goodness).  The Magical Moringa Moisturiser is a duo moisturiser + primer sent from the heavens , truly.  Try it out if yous can.

9. TV Show

Dexter & Jessica Jones
I'm a trivial belatedly to the political party alongside Dexter , but institute myself devouring every flavor piece I was inwards Iceland.  I was housebound for a duo of weeks (unable to see the studio , grocery store or anything else) alongside crazy painful bronchitis piece mutual frigidity , moisture storms raged outside.  I doodled in addition to watched Dexter every day.

Jessica Jones was a uncovering Nick in addition to I made i time I'd returned to Melbourne in addition to nosotros binged the whole (short) flavor inwards exactly a duo of days.  David Tennant all the same gets me excited , 10 years after falling inwards dearest alongside him every bit the Doctor (even when he's a creepy villain).

10. Movie

The Dressmaker (also The Fall)
A few weeks dorsum , Nick in addition to I sat inwards the dorsum row at the Lord's Day Theatre to sentinel The Dressmaker because it came highly recommended yesteryear both our parents.  It was bizarrely theatrical , completely beautiful in addition to lamentable at times.  Hugo Weaving's grapheme reminded me of his run inwards Priscilla Queen of the Desert (potentially the terminal non bad cinema to come upward out of my country) in addition to Kate Winslet looked agency also hot to bring had a baby.  All inwards all , excellent.

Another foreign in addition to theatrical cinema I brutal inwards dearest alongside this twelvemonth was The Fall.  I bring no existent words to describe it , in addition to most people in all probability won't dearest it every bit I did , but yous should sentinel it anyway , if alone for the cinematography.  It's pretty spectacular. 


Share: